This toy is wonderful to teach the child the concept of fractions and parts, along with strengthening the learning of shapes and matching.
- There are four circles ranging from one whole to one-fourth.
- Starting with a whole circle, the next level has the piece cut into two, then into one-third, and the final level into one-fourth.
- Once the child has understood the concept of fractions, have him put the pieces in the correct way to make a whole circle each time.
- The difficult part is that each part has a cavity of a particular shape.
- Let the child identify the cavity in the piece and match it with the shape on the base.